Thursday, March 8, 2012

Life!

O my goodness I haven't posted anything since the end of December! Have no fear--Holly is here and really there hasn't been much of a change lately! Just taking online BSN nursing classes from BYU-Idaho again this semester. I am currently doing clinical within the American Fork, Utah area. The clinic and doctor I follow are fantastic. I started at the beginning of January and I have learned so much!

Currently, I am still looking for a Registered Nurse position. I would love to find one in a hospital setting, but if I can find a home health job I will take it! I am desperately wanting to get back into the health care area and start applying my skills as soon as I can. I love working with people and having the thought that I now can do things under my own license. It makes me really excited...I want a job. I am also starting to think of places I could move to. Sadly, Tara and Sterling are moving to Logan this summer and that means I am searching for a roof. Maybe a box will do...it will be the summer right! haha jk This makes me sad because I love the ward I currently go to. I also love living with my sister and her family. I almost feel I take it for granted some days. I truly love my sister and I am TRULY thankful for my sister and brother-in-laws hospitality. I hope they still like me after the next few months. haha

Well, that is really all the things occurring in my life other than I was able to go to a conference where Sister Julie B. Beck came to speak to the Young Single Adults in my stake. It was FANTASTIC. Other than that I have experienced a lot of stress, worry, 'tears' and wonder about the future and what is in store for me. Life is hard and truly is not as pleasant as I would hope for some days. I have found though that exercising does wonders for the mind (It takes my thoughts somewhere else). My goal is to lose some weight and fit back into my interview suit by the end of March.

I read a couple talks from Elder Holland this week and they really helped me a ton. One of them had a great quote that I absolutely adore (among many), "To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God Loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His "more excellent ministry" with a future of "better promises." He is your "high priest of good things to come" I really love what this means. To always have patience. Trust in the Lord and things will work out. Life is too short to worry all the time about the little things. The things I desire will happen when the Lord knows I am ready. I trust in Him and know the story he writes for me is better than the one I could write for myself.

Here is the talk if you are interested in reading it...A High Priest of Good Things to Come
...and yet another...Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence
Also I must apologize...I would love for anything to post pictures of Christmas and the beginning of January BUT sadly the card decided to take a dump and lost EVERYTHING!!! So, I don't have the Christmas family picture, candids with the family and a mighty fine adventure I had with some friends up in the hills near Pleasant Grove. Oh well, what can you do!

<3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment